Eco-Class Is In Session!
Every teacher knows that hands-on activities are the best ways to engage students in learning. In the area of environmental education, many interactive resources are available to teachers to supplement existing nature and science curricula and teach students how litter and waste can negatively impact The Natural State.
- Keep Arkansas Beautiful and Otto the Otter have teamed up with the Little Rock Zoo to help name the new otter pups! Click link above to take the survey and cast your vote from now until May 13th!
"Otto the Otter and the Great Arkansas Mystery" Children's book
Enjoy a free online read of Keep Arkansas Beautiful's first-ever children's book.
To continue learning with your student or child, enjoy the "Otto the Otter and the Great Arkansas Mystery" workbook. You can easily download and print this book for your child to color and to read. Access the workbook here.
Check out the Spanish version of the "Otto the Otter and the Great Arkansas Mystery" workbook. Access the Spanish workbook here.
FREE Educational Materials
Teachers can request free educational materials for their classrooms by completing and submitting this form!
Public Service Announcements
Full Version (30 seconds) – English
Full Version (30 seconds) – Spanish
Short Version (15 seconds) – English
Short Version (15 seconds) – Spanish
Activity & Coloring Pages
English and Spanish versions of our Activity & Coloring Book are available here.
- Action for Nature
- All the Way to the Ocean
- America Recycles Day
- Arkansas Department of Transportation
- Boy Scouts of America “Hometown USA” Scout Badge
- City XYZ (PDF)
- Environmental Literacy Council
- Going Green Begins in the Classroom
- Green Teacher
- Keep America Beautiful
- Leave No Trace
- Litter Bag Lesson (PDF)
- Mt. Magazine Field Trips (PDF)
- National Geographic
- North American Association for Environmental Education
- Project Learning Tree
- Project WET
- Recycle Mania
- SaveNature.org Nature Academy
- Tox Town
- U.S. Forest Service
- Waste in Place