The Keep Arkansas Beautiful Commission is proudly offering community grants to Arkansans!
Keep Arkansas Beautiful will now be offering community grants! We present our first community grant: Clean Waterways Grant.
Keep Arkansas Beautiful (KAB) is offering five (5) year-round grants to city/county governments, companies, and organizations seeking to develop and install a trash boom on a local waterway to capture and reduce the spread of litter along the waterway. This grant will be awarded on a reimbursement basis and up to $2,600.
Application period - July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024
Grant applications are reviewed and grants awarded year-round.
This grant does not qualify for maintenance or enhancement of already existing trash booms.
- Applicants must complete all fields listed in the application. Applications that are incomplete will be denied.
- Provide all contact information.
- Applicants must upload photos of waterway and extent of litter issue.
- Submit any completed paperwork such as permitting from city or county authorizing the installation of the trash boom by the applicant.
- Any purchased materials for the trash boom must be submitted to KAB of proof of expenses.
- If grant is awarded, applicant and any partner entities agree to conduct litter removal and any necessary maintenance to the trash boom at minimum once a month. Litter removal data such as pounds of litter collected, any recyclables, etc. and images of the removal effort must be sent monthly to KAB's volunteer program manager.
- Grant awardees will also be responsible for assisting in the logistics of educational signage installation. KAB will provide pre-designed educational signage about the trash boom, acknowledge the grant awardee as the developer and maintainer of the trash boom and funding provided by KAB.
- Upon completion of trash boom and educational signage installation, grant awardee agrees in participating in a "ground breaking" style event with KAB to announce the installation to community members.
Click HERE to apply for this grant now!
Green Event Grant
Keep Arkansas Beautiful (KAB) is offering two (2) grants for the fall Great Arkansas Cleanup season and two (2) grants for the Great American Cleanup season to city/county governments, companies, and organizations seeking to elevate their cleanup, recycling drive or beautification effort beyond supplies already provided by KAB. This grant will be awarded on a reimbursement basis and up to $500. Awardee, as used in this grant, refers to the city/county government, company or organization the applicant is applying on behalf of.
Great Arkansas Cleanup application period - Aug.14, 2023 - Oct. 30, 2023
Great American Cleanup application period - Feb. 12, 2024 - April 30, 2024
Grant applications are reviewed and grants awarded twice a year.
- Applicants must complete all fields listed below. Applications that are incomplete will be denied.
- Provide all contact information.
- Any purchased materials for the effort must be submitted to KAB of proof of expenses before any grant funds are dispersed to the awardee. Any receipt that is not provided is ineligible for reimbursement.
- If grant is awarded, applicant and any partner entities agree to provide data about the effort such as pounds of litter collected, pounds of recyclables collected, how many plants were planted, square footage of graffiti removed, etc.
Click here to learn more about the grant, requirements and how to apply.
Keep America Beautiful Affiliate Training Grant
To assist in the training of new Keep America Beautiful affiliate coordinators, Keep Arkansas Beautiful offers grants to certified Keep America Beautiful affiliates in good standing to help full or part-time coordinators or directors attend scheduled, formal KAB New Coordinator Training sessions offered in conjunction with KAB National Conferences. The Keep America Beautiful 2024 National Conference will be held Monday, Feb. 12-Wednesday, Feb. 14, at the Catamaran Resort Hotel, located at 3999 Mission Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92109.
Keep Arkansas Beautiful is offering five $500 grants that grant awardees will use to reimburse KAB Affiliates or qualifying individuals, for conference registration fees, travel and/or lodging expenses. One person from each affiliate may apply for the grant, and that person must have the primary responsibility for, and perform the duties of, the affiliate’s daily organizational management.
Applications may be submitted starting 8 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 1 2023, and no later than 5 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 30, 2023. Recipients of grants will be notified of their awarded grant on Friday, Dec. 8, 2023.