Keep America Beautiful affiliates in Arkansas recognized among the best nationwide
Six Keep America Beautiful (KAmB) certified local affiliates in Arkansas recently earned recognition from the organization.
KAmB honored the six Arkansas organizations with the President’s Circle Award, the highest recognition given to certified local affiliates:
- Hot Springs/Garland County Beautification Commission
- Keep Little Rock Beautiful (Pulaski County)
- Keep Ozark Beautiful (Franklin County)
- Keep Sherwood Beautiful (Pulaski County)
- Keep Van Buren Beautiful (Crawford County)
- Pine Bluff/Jefferson County Clean and Beautiful
“Each of our affiliates works diligently to raise awareness of the negative impact of litter on our state,” said Robert Phelps, director of Keep Arkansas Beautiful. “This award honors their exemplary efforts in keeping their communities clean and green.”
To qualify for the President’s Circle Award, certified local affiliates must meet KAmB’s standards of excellence by conducting an annual litter index, calculating the affiliate’s cost/benefit ratio, and engaging volunteers to take greater responsibility for their community environment. In addition, award recipients must conduct activities in each of KAmB’s three core focus areas of litter prevention, recycling and waste reduction, and beautification/community greening.