Fun, flame-free, kid-friendly ideas to celebrate the Fourth.
1. Make these poppers with recycled bottles, balloons and confetti.
2. Glowsticks are a great (and cheap) alternative for night-time fun.
3. Firecracker piñatas are a much quieter alternative for sensitive ears.
4. Red and blue bubbles are perfect for some clean outdoor fun.
5. Silly string is a safe way to have a lot of fun.
6. Sprinkle fireworks are super easy to make.
All you need is paper, sprinkles and a little water. Get the directions here.
7. Make this easy Fireworks In A Jar project.
8. Shoot off these harmless rockets.
9. This easy wand is made from a straw and an applesauce lid.
10. Make these awesome confetti eggs.
11. Throw your own color fight.
12. Use cellphones or LED ropes to make light graffitti.
13. Diet Coke and Mentos rockets are a classic.
14. Balloon fireworks are satisfyingly loud and sparkly.
This content was written by Jessica Probus with BuzzFeed, and originally appeared on their website here: https://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicaprobus/14-safe-alternatives-to-fireworks?utm_term=.qqD7KmQn6q&fbclid=IwAR3K3Pmr-TzLUhKM5hjMclLz6E5DgKn4ZDWrnQQ9VlvCiTTQnGCawJTl-Jo#.relMpORW4l