Times: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Location: Cossatot River State Park-Natural Area
Address: 1980 Highway 278 West
Cossatot River State Park – Natural Area will serve as a Leave No Trace Hot Spot. The Hot Spot is a special event hosted by the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics and the staff of Cossatot River State Park – Natural Area. This event includes training, cleanup events, and school programs. With nearly 200 nationwide nominations, Cossatot River State Park – Natural Area is honored to have been selected as one of just 20 Hot Spots taking place in 2018.
Many people enjoy visiting Cossatot River State Park- Natural Area and the impacts of overuse are showing. Litter, invasive species, illegal fire rings, and other impacts can be seen throughout the park. We will damage this special place if we do not enjoy the outdoors responsibly. Join the Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers during the Hot Spot Event for an opportunity to discover what you can do to enjoy your favorite places without damaging it or leaving a trace.
A sampling of what you will learn during this Leave No Trace Workshop includes:
- Interactive games to teach the Leave No Trace Seven Principles
- The best methods to cook, clean, stay overnight, interact with other visitors/wildlife, and overall take care of the places you like to spend time outdoors
- How to help others develop a sense of environmental stewardship
- Develop skills to minimize your impacts when you’re in the great outdoors
- How to get more involved with the national education program
- Quick tips to use and share Leave No Trace at home, at work and in your community
Cossatot River State Park – Natural Area will also host their Fall River Cleanup. More information on this event can be found on our calendar here.
Hosting Business or Organization: Cossatot River State Park Natural Area
Hosting Coordinator: Victoria Carson
Phone Number: email@example.com