Times: 7:00 am - 2:00 pm
Sebastian County Judge David Hudson is hosting a 2015 Great Arkansas Cleanup campaign for residents of the county only (not commercial ) beginning Saturday, September 19, 2015 thru Saturday, October 24, 2015, in Fort Smith and surrounding county communities.
LOCAL VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED FOR LITTER PICKUPS DURING SCHEDULED CLEAN UP DAYS. Trash bags, recycling bags and other supplies are available by calling Paula Turnipseed in County Judge Hudson’s office at 783-6139.
See locations, dates and times, of staffed dumpsters for bulky waste and recyclables, including white goods. A separate trailer will be placed at each collection site for electronics (TV’s, computers, monitors, printers, cell phones, electronic games, microwaves, etc.).
- Saturday, Oct. 10, 7 AM – 2 PM – Jenny Lind – Jenny Lind Loop & Gate Nine Road
- Saturday, Oct. 10, 7 AM – 2 PM – Milltown-VFD Community Building
- Saturday, Oct. 17, 7 AM – 2 PM – Hartford – Old City Park – Holly & 1st Street
- Saturday, Oct. 17, 7 AM – 2 PM – Midland – Intersection 45 & 253
- Saturday, Oct. 24, 7 AM – 2 PM – Huntington – Cherokee Park
- Saturday, Oct. 24, 7 AM – 2 PM – Mansfield – Public Works Building
Unacceptable items include yard waste, burn barrels, oil and batteries, hazardous wastes and chemicals, paints or liquids of any kind, and tires. Exception: Individuals can dispose of up to 4 passenger tires, without rims, at the Solid Waste Dist. Chaffee Crossing location, 7310 Terry Street, Barling, AR. (Call Randy Hall for more information at 452-4104)
For more information contact the following:
Coordinator County Judge David Hudson – 783-6139 or 996-2191 – Asst. Paula Turnipseed
Randy Hall at the Solid Waste District – 452-4104
Randy Hall at 651-5086 to coordinate delivery of extra dumpsters by Altes Sanitation
Hosting Business or Organization: Sebastian County Judge's Office
Hosting Coordinator: County Judge David Hudson
Phone Number: 479-783-6139