Great American Cleanup
Great American Cleanup registration is now OPEN!
Keep America Beautiful’s Great American Cleanup™ takes place each spring from March through May and is the nation’s largest community improvement effort. Thousands of Arkansas volunteers clean up and beautify their communities before the tourism and vacation seasons begin. This spring cleanup campaign is coordinated and promoted statewide by Keep Arkansas Beautiful Commission (KAB).
Please note: If supplies are needed, please be sure to register your events at least 3 weeks in advance. Cleanup supplies are limited and awarded on a “first-come, first-serve” basis. T-shirts are our most-requested supply, and we cannot guarantee every volunteer will receive a t-shirt. We suggest using t-shirts as prizes for volunteers who 1) have attended the most cleanups, 2) youngest volunteers, 3) oldest volunteer, 4) who traveled the farthest, 5) name drawings, etc.
Interested in finding a volunteer event near you? Click here to visit our Calendar of Events.
- 2018 Registration Form (DOC)
- 2018 Registration Form (PDF)
- 2018 Registration Form (Fillable PDF)
- Volunteer Sign-In + Photo Release Template (DOC)
- 2018 Wrap-Up Report (DOC)
- 2018 Wrap-Up Report (PDF)
- 2018 Volunteer Certificate of Achievement (DOC)
- 2018 Volunteer Certificate of Achievement (PDF)
Planning & Promotion
- How to Coordinate a Community Cleanup (Video)
- General Information on the Great American Cleanup
- Develop Your Disposal Plan – Contact Your Local Solid Waste District prior to your event!
- Customizable News Release (DOC)
- Easy Promotion Ideas
- Cleanup Safety Tips
- Volunteers Picking Up Litter Sign Template
- Radio Script – Great American Cleanup PSA
- Proclamation Example (provided by Phillips County)
- Place Trash Here (PDF) – Sign Template
- Please Don’t Litter (PDF) – Sign Template
- Please Recycle Here (PDF) – Sign Template
Keep America Beautiful Tools
Youth Poster Contest
Once a community signs on to host a Great American Cleanup in Arkansas event, KAB will work with that community to organize and publicize the effort. KAB will provide volunteers with GLAD® trash bags, gloves, safety vests and T-shirts. Promotional materials available to communities include banners, fliers, customizable news release, volunteer stickers and brochures. The KAB Facebook page and website are also available to coordinators to promote their events.
During the 2017 Great American Cleanup in Arkansas, more than 6,000 volunteers worked more than 38,000 hours in communities across the state. This community improvement effort involved 166 events, with volunteers collecting 134,944 pounds of litter from 725 miles of roadway, trails and shorelines, and 10,873 acres of parks and public areas!
Arkansans also recycled 9,009 tires and 293,089 pounds of electronics. Click here for the 2017 Great American Cleanup Results infographic!
The total economic value of the 2017 Great American Cleanup to Arkansas communities was $1,392,487.
Thank You to our 2018 Coordinating Partners:
Arkansas Jazz Heritage Foundation
City of Fayetteville
City of Hot Springs Solid Waste Department
City of Mulberry
Clarksville School District
Dermott Parks & Recreation Commission
Festival on the Rails – McNeil
Fifty Brothers Deep Inc.
Hot Springs Village Property Owners
Jacksonport State Park
Keep Little Rock Beautiful
Keep Sherwood Beautiful
Keep Van Buren Beautiful
King-Rhodes Real Estate
Lake Fayetteville Watershed Partnership
Mississippi River State Park
Mulberry River Society
Pack Rat Outdoor Center
Paris School District
Pine Mountain Volunteer Fire Department
Positively Bella Vista
Regional Recycling & Waste Reduction District
South End Neighborhood Coalition Association
Sponsors Nonprofit Corp
St. Francis National Forest
Stuttgart Chamber of Commerce
Town of Avoca
Trash Bash Council
Treasure Isle Property Owners Association
Village Pride Committee